Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Proud as Underage Wife


I have been on Tiktok since the coronavirus begin. To killing my useless time, I found Tiktok to become quite interesting. Not much in my friends thinking about how Tiktok open our reality. I spend a lot my time just to scrolling my Tiktok page. I found a lot of my countryside (beyond this thing real or not), about women in Indonesia. I found more women with underage marriage, mistress, cheating couples, and pregnant in school ages. We know TikTok had local content, which means local content from Indonesian TikTokers mostly from the Indonesia region. 


It becomes interesting for Indonesian because songs as background on TikTok content showed a better feeling.
Some rural women made TikTok content about their underage married. They started being a wife in teenagers ages 15-18 years old. Some look happy and proud of being a mom at a very young age.
I just curious why they choosing married in illegal marriage by scrolling their page and found out some to leave their poor family, religious reason, and pregnant.
But, the most interesting is mostly they got divorced in their early 20s. Expressing their sadness and looking for some support in TikTok Pages. Sometimes I left a comment on how I feel sorry about their loose. I'm so sorry about how underages marriage still is the bypass for women to leave poverty. In 2018, Indonesia still is one of ten countries that had the highest number of underage marriages.
Susenas (National Survey of economic and social) reported underages marriage the more vulnerable to girls, poor family, rural area, and low education.
Any report said how underage marriage is harmful to human rights. Not only for boys but also for the girls.
Reference from UNICEF Report, 14% of women married before their 18years old birthday. As the eight highest child brides, Indonesia still has more jobs to fix this.
Recently, Indonesian feminism and child brides activist getting indignant from one case child brides who getting viral because performed by one influencer. This influencer who a man 25 years old married to 16 years old girl. They got married before Indonesia changed married regulation for the age limit. They become viral after they uploaded their story on their youtube channel and getting protests from other influencers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today, after one year we (me and my blogs) promise to study harder. HAHA And what happened in one year? nothing happens. Time flies so fast....