Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Charles Dickens in my Childhood


After decided continue my studies, again.. yeah. I commitment to write more in my blog. Well, maybe one day I want to write a poem, my broke poem, maybe my opinion or maybe my useless opinion about everything. Maybe one day you got a green article or maybe my feminist opinion. Everything I want to talk about. I still confused, what I really want but maybe it’s not too dark like before.
Today, I got a little bit of free time on my own. Then I decided to use it for one journal. I open my ugm library access *yeah thanks to UGM to still allow their alumni to read journal for free*
And I found this,

Free trial journal until February 2020. Jstor's article about art and literary studies.
And I found this

"Charles Dickens: Great Expectations and the Evolution of Women"

As a  daughter from a lecture and growing up with so many books, Charles dickens has a spot in my childhood. I remember how I started with 'A Christmas Carol' and read it many times. 


 This journal talks about British popular writer : Charles Dickens. Who is Charles Dickens? 
Charles Dickens was a British novelist, journalist, editor, illustrator and social commentator who wrote such beloved classic novels as Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, Nicholas Nickleby, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations. 

Well, I'm not talking about who and everything about Charles Dickens. But I will talk about what I read from that article. 
I just know if you can see how the writer's life insight theirs. Such as Charles Dickens who wrote soo many orphans. like a oliver twist or david copperfield. Charles Dickens has a not much wonderful relationship because he slandered his marriages with a young artist. 

Well in this journal, you can't see much writer's opinion but it full of his books resume. Its some opinions but not much. 
Like 
How the writer thinks Charles dickens as a man in victorian era thinking about woman. How he thinks woman and her sex appeals. And how dickens love kids have seen in his point of view. 
For everyone who doesn't know yet about him. Please read first. I think Gramedia sell it in after they tried to sell an English book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today, after one year we (me and my blogs) promise to study harder. HAHA And what happened in one year? nothing happens. Time flies so fast....